|MDP FOUNDATION – wellLIFE HIV-AIDS PROGRAM||WORLD AIDS DAY – Special lecture by Master Del Pe||HIV/AIDS – Research Program|
HIV/AIDS Research Program (HARP)
Our project in South Africa and Mozambique (2006 to 2008) was pioneering and transformational. It offered a new and complementary alternative not available in current approaches to the epidemic by focusing on wellbeing and quality of life improvement.
Approximately 100 trainees from Mozambique, Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, USA, Congo, Ecuador, India and Mexico participated in it. They included professional caregivers, family members, friends, and health workers. Support groups were formed in the community and roaming specialists went to remote places with minimal or no health care facilities to heal people living with HIV/AIDS.
Clients with low response to medical treatment, experienced increased stamina, improved health and an overall improvement in quality of life.
- 95% of the cases reported an improvement during the first few sessions:
- headaches, nausea, and body pains had reduced;
- sadness and depression had been eliminated;
- their stamina and vitality increased;
- they experienced greater will-power
- were able to handle stress better